Cooking rice can some times be disappointing, especially when the result is some gooey paste or burned rice chunks. However, with the use of the best rice cooker, the results are possibly better. So, if you are a rice enthusiast, then having a rice cooker is a big plus to your culinary possessions.
The best small rice cooker accomplish the cooking task with fewer mistakes than an average human being using a stovetop pot especially those with fuzzy logic which lets the cooker reacts to the conditions in the cooker. The basic function of best rice cooker is to cook rice; brown rice, sushi rice, and rice porridge etc. Due to their versatility, they are also used to cook spare ribs, scrambled eggs and pasta among many others.
- 1 Types of Rice Cookers
- 2 Tefal Multicook & Grain RK900 – Best Multi Grain Cooker 2020
- 3 Panasonic SR-ZE185WSTM – Best Selling Premium Quality Rice Cooker
- 4 Breville LRC480WHT – Top Rated Smart Rice Cooker
- 5 Philips Grain Master Rice Cooker – Overall Affordable Rice Cooker:
- 6 Tiger Corporation JBV-A10U-W – All Purpose Rice Cooker
- 7 Sunbeam Rice Perfect Cooker – Stainless Steel Compact Rice Cooker
- 8 JAPAN ZOJIRUSHI – Ideal For Daily Use
- 9 Breville BRC550SIL – Compact Multi Grain Rice Cooker
- 10 Kambrook KRC405BSS – Best Economical Rice Cooker
- 11 TEFAL RK1038 – Affordable Rice Cooker
- 12 Best Rice Cooker FAQS
Three Functions of a Rice Cooker
- The best rice cooker for white rice and brown rice guarantees consistent cooking of all rice grains in the cooker; not under or over-cooking.
- It maintains the cooked rice temperature for between 2 and 12 hours; saves on reheating.
- It gives great results on all types of rice from white, brown and wild rice.
In addition to the need for water and heat to achieve the best results, the rice must cook in four phases which the best rice cooker Australia automatically guides it through.
- First, rice sits in the water and the weight activates the thermal sensing device to start heating.
- It’s boiled in hot water; 212 degrees Fahrenheit (100 degrees Celsius),
- Absorbs moisture through steaming
- It rests in the cooker after completing the cooking
Components of Rice Cooker
- The main body,
- An inner cooking pan,
- An electric heating plate,
- A thermal-sensing device,
- Control buttons.
- Electric cord
Types of Rice Cookers
Prior to buying the best rice cooker Australia 2020, you must consider the type of rice desire. The other factors to consider include; the price, different available settings, and versatility of the cooker.
1) The Fuzzy Logic and Rice Cookers
The idea of fuzzy logic originated from a UC Berkely professor by the name Lotfi Zadeh in 1965, which he later fronted in 1973 leading to the development of fuzzy logic rice cookers. The fuzzy logic rice cooker have a microchip embedded in them making it have full control of the rice cooking process automatically without much human indulgence.
- They have LCD control panels with in-built timers and delay settings.
- They deliver extended warming times and reheat cycles.
- Have detachable lids that can be used as serving bowls once the rice is done.
2) The Induction Heat Rice Cooker:
Induction-heating rice cookers use heat from an alternating electric current from the wall of the interior pot. The current is conducted through copper coils, to create a magnetic field into which the rice cooker’s pan is placed.
These are the idea rice cooker according to best rice cooker reviews. They do more chores than the other types and deliver better results.
So, if you want your rice well done in the best quality possible, the rice cookers are a better option to stovetop pot cooked rice. However, use due diligence when settling for the most suitable choice.
Tefal Multicook & Grain RK900 – Best Multi Grain Cooker 2020
This rice cooker is a multi cook device and grain rice cooker. It bridges innovation and the most delicious rice you will ever place on your table. Due to its advanced technology, it gives you a healthier and nutritious dish of rice. It also enables you to make different varieties of rice in varying textures. For these enviable features and quality, the output makes it rank higher in many reviews. It retails at under $200.
- It has more than 80 amazing programs way a head of most rice cookers in the market.
- It prizes you with four grain options that include; soft, quick, normal and nutria-plus
- This rice cooker has several nutritious cooking programs to enable you enjoy all varieties of rice grains.
- The control is extremely user-friend with step by step guidance.
- It has “My Recipe” mode that enables to save your favorite recipes for later use.
- Comes with extra accessories such as the recipe book, dishwasher-safe removable inner bowl, 2 measuring cups (grains and water), soaking basket, steam basket, grain spoon
- It delivers different rice textures
- Preserves nutrition to deliver healthy foods
- The design is easy to use and consists of features such as a hard ceramic bowl, 3D heating, automatic warming, delayed start (24hrs) function hence you can schedule the start of the rice cooking minutes before you arrive home.
- You can save your up to 5 favorite recipes in the memory
- The button “power on/off” and the “cancel” malfunctions frequently
- Lacks comprehensive manual guidance hence not very good for people who are new to cooking rice with rice cooekers
Panasonic SR-ZE185WSTM – Best Selling Premium Quality Rice Cooker
The Panasonic’s SR-ZE185WSTM rice cooker comes with a 1.5mm thick dimpled inner pan that increases the surface area by 8% thus widening the heat receiving surface. This Panasonic rice cooker model is from the reputable Panasonic manufacturer and is priced at under $200. It is bit highly priced, but the quality is superb.
- 10 Cups and 10 programs
- Fuzzy logic technology
- Preset Timer and keep warm function
- Removable inner lid
- It is user-friendly, and ranks high in the Panasonic cooker product reviews.
- The design of the Panasonic rice cooker adds to the beauty of your kitchen.
- It does not take a lot of space on your counter.
- The volume is large enough for big families.
- It limits you in the color choice.
- It is certified for optimal safety and security when using it as instructed.
- The non-metal handle and body is delicate to handle especially when you lift with food inside.
- It is overpriced due to the brand name compared to other similar rice cookers from other manufacturers.
- Due to its price, it’s not popular to many users hence fewer reviews on its performance and experience.
Breville LRC480WHT – Top Rated Smart Rice Cooker
The Breville LRC480WHT The Smart Rice Box Cooker comes with Fuzzy Logic technology that automates temperatures promptly. This Breville smart rice maker adjusts the temperature correctly as desired in every stage of cooking rice. The type of rice does not matter, it suits your every day gastronomical needs. This rice cooker has positive reviews for being very affordable for it sells at under $120
- Its volume capacity is 10 cups of raw rice which can make up 25 servings.
- This Breville rice cooker is make of 5 layers of heat conductive and durable metals.
- It has the fuzzy logic feature to ease you food cooking.
- It is a combination Cooker.
- Comes with a ceramic coated cooking bowl.
- It is very easy to clean, and does not scratch.
- It allows you to automatically adjust the pot temperatures in each stage of rice preparation hence to end up with the best results for all rice varieties.
- The PFOA- Free, non-stick cooking bowl ensures optimal cooking conditionsfor your rice cooking and best results and tops in therice cooker reviews.
- It has passed the security and safety test for all users (above 18 years)
- It has the capacity to serve a large number of diners at once.
- You must take care when using this paranasonic rice cooker for the body and handle are made of breakable material.
Philips Grain Master Rice Cooker – Overall Affordable Rice Cooker:
Made by Philips innovative FragrantTaste Technology, this rice cooker has automatic optimum controlled heating temperatures at every stage of the rice cooking. Every grain of rice is efficiently cooked to an appealing fluffy fragrant taste. Due to its output quality and positive reviews it is very popular with many rice enthusiasts.To top it all, this rice cooker goes for under $ 150.
- The 8 menus include; Standard cook, quick cook, brown rice, multi-grain, lentils, quinoa, porridge, reheat.
- Easy to control cooking progress.
- 5-layer Crystal Black Pot for even heating.
- FragrantTaste enhances optimal moisture absorption.
- Fragrant Retention Valve.
- Recipe booklet includes Quick start guide and 15 inspirational recipes.
- Has 24-hour preset timer ensures your rice and meal ready on time.
- The 8 Multifunction programs allow you to make a variety of dishes
- It retains the original and natural fragrance of the rice through water content being locked in the unique steam loop design.
- 5-layer Crystal Black Pot
- 5-layer non-stick and anti-scratch coating helps the pot to be long lasting and every easy to clean.
- It keeps food warm up to 12 hours in keep warm mode
- It controls the temperature of your rice accurately at each stage to maximize taste retention.
- The steam vent is very small leading to spattering on the lid.
- The power plug to tee sockets is very loose hence keep on coming out hence cannot match the other rice cookers in reviews
Tiger Corporation JBV-A10U-W – All Purpose Rice Cooker
The JBV-A10U-W 5.5-Cup Micom Rice Cooker with Food Steamer is in a class of its own. After reading tiger rice cooker reviews, we have added this particular model in our review list. It combines multi-functions into one item, hence is economical for any rice fan. You need not to wait for one meal to cook before cooking the other; you just need to set them both in the rice cooker and get good results at the same time. This tiger rice cooker Australia premium rice cooker from Tiger corporation retails for under $400.
- Syncro-cooking function
- This rice maker comes with one-push opration feature.
- This tiger rice cooker gives you four menu settings that include; plain rice, brown rice, slow cooking and synchrony rice cooking.
- The synchrolonized cooking or the tacook, lets you cook the rice and its accompaniments at once.
- The inner pan has a non-stick coating which eases the cleaning of the rice cooker
- At purchase you get extras in addition to the cooking plate or pot, and the synchrony cooking function such as a measuring cup, non-stick spatula,and a cookbook.
- The cookbook has some complicated recipes that are not practical to new users
- The pot is not scratch proof hence gets damaged easily when cleaning making it rank lower in any rice cooker review.
Sunbeam Rice Perfect Cooker – Stainless Steel Compact Rice Cooker
Sunbeam rice perfect cooker is the ultimate rice cooker for it delivers superb rice cooking results. It has the capacity to cook. It is advisable to acquire sunbeam rice cooker for it makes only up to 14 cups of excellent fluffy rice at all the time making it a favorite in the to users. With these great results, this cooker is cheaper than many rice cookers in Australiaand costs under $47.00
- Sealed locking lid traps
- Removable non-stick cooking pan
- Made of stainless steel
- Has a large capacity of 14 cups making better than others rice cooker reviews
- It produces steam inside the vessel to give fluffy, perfectly separated grains that will hold for many hours
- This rice cooker is ideal for steaming fish, poultry and vegetables hence you should buy it rather than any rice cooker
- Removable for easy cleaning and does not get stained due to the stainless steel
- The stainless steel makes it hard to be scratched when cleaning
- The design is beautiful and it augments the appeal of you kitchen
- Its programming is erractic for it shifts to keep warm before the rce is completely cooked thus many people would buy this rice cooker
JAPAN ZOJIRUSHI – Ideal For Daily Use
Zojirushi rice cooker Australia can be shipped to customers all over the world when you buy zojirushi rice cooker from Japan taking only 14 days to 20 days to arrive. This is one of the hot selling rice cooker, as it has latest Japanes techonology installed to cook rice. You can buy this japanese rice cooker at under $300.
- This rice cooker comes with the fuzzy logic
- You get an English user manual
- The rice maker is built with stainless steel
- Its power consumption is Ac 220-230v and 50/60HZ
- The plug is SE type
- The dimensions are 230x300x190mm (WXHXD)
- It weighs about 3 kgs
- This zojirushi rice maker allows you to cook different types of rive such as brown rice, white rice, sushi rice, no-rise rice, rapid rice and porridge rice.
- Cleaning is very easy
- The heat is evenly distributed in the black circle thick plate.
- They will replace initial failure or faulty rice cookers with new ones.
- The manufacturer and sellers of this rice cooker do not accept repair
- The manufacturer’s warranty in Australia Panasonic for imported goods from Japan is out of scope.
Breville BRC550SIL – Compact Multi Grain Rice Cooker
The Breville multi grains is an advanced rice cooker that also makes steamed fluffy quinoa. It is user friendly device that you can use easily. You can cook multi grains in it, as it has different options to cook different food. It has a compact size that will not take a lot of space on your shelf. Finally it is super affordable and economical as you can get it under $100.
- Rice Quinoa Stir- Free Risotto Porridge Lentils and Steam
- Sear and Saute Setting hence can be beat all in rice cooker reviews
- Automatic Keep Warm Feature
- 10 cup rice capacity makes up to 20 cups of cooked rice
- The Advanced Grain Cooker
- Steaming Functionality
- It has the saute or sear function to brown foods such as onions, meats and mushrooms
- It comes with see through lid or ‘cook and look lid to watch foods as the cook
- It’s domed glass lid has a vent to remove excess steam from the pot
- It allows you to make a variety of foods such as white rice, aquinoa or authentic risotto, lintels, and creamy porridge in the same pot.
- The saute or sear program, you can caramelize and saute (brown) your fresh ingredients.
- You can make even the ancient and gluten-free grains
- The design is very appealing
- Not very user-friendly like the previous model so it cannot compared to other rice cookers
- You cannot steam your juicy foods as the same time cook rice
Kambrook KRC405BSS – Best Economical Rice Cooker
Kambrook cookers, rice master can make 5 cups of sumptuous rice and is manufactured in China. It is very affordable costing under $40. So if you are on a tight budget, then this rice cooker is a good deal for you.
- Made of stainless steel
- Appealing in design
- Easy to operate
- Dimensions are 28.6 x 24 x 24 cm
- Weight is 2.2kg
- Rice does not stick on the pot
- Very portable due to its light weight
- Very easy to clean
- It can be used to steam vegetables and other foods with the steam basket
- Has a appealing design that will add beauty to your home
- Requires little space for storage when not in use
- Food does not stick on the bottom
- Capacity is a bit small
- The lid hinge is hard making it hard to work in counters that are small
- Due to its cheap price it lacks features that are in premium rice cookers
TEFAL RK1038 – Affordable Rice Cooker
This rice cooker is compact in design resembling the classic rice cookers. It makes delicious and very tender rice with only one click. You get a steam basket, measuring cup, rice spatula, and 2 dishes on top of the automatic keep-warm function. It costs under $50, which is reasonably priced.
- It comes with automatic one-click cooking ability.
- When buying you get rice spoon, measuring cup, and steam basket included
- The rice cooker has the automatic ‘Keep-Warm’ setting
- Has a beautiful design
- This rice cooker has the ability to cook rice and steam foods simultaneously.
- The ability to desemble eases the cleaning of the rice cooker
- Easy to store as the design is compact
- Its beauty augments the appeal of your kitchen
- It’s affordable to many rice fans
- Its made of plastic material which is not very durable for it cratches when cleaning, break due to falls, and can easily burn disfigure due to high temperatures.
- Calls for extreme care when handling or lifting for the top compantment may come out
Best Rice Cooker FAQS
What’s the best rice cooker to buy?
Each person, and rice have different needs, hence th best rice cooker is that which satisfies them.
What size rice cooker should I get?
You size of rice cooker depends on the size of meals that you will be preparing frequently
What is the best rice cooker for brown rice?
You can make brown rice with most of the rice cooker but some are better like the Zijorushi brands
Which electric rice cooker is best?
Just like an other product, you best electric rice cooker will depend on your personal needs based on quantity, price, type of rice, power needs and amny others
Is it safe to use electric rice cooker?
Yes, it is 100% safe to use electric rice cooker. I believe it is more safer than the traditional way of boiling rice on stove top.
Which is the best basmati rice?
There is no exact best basmati rice cooker, however you can get quality results with most of the high review rice cookers
What is the best small rice cooker?
The term small is relative, so choose the size that you deem small by selecting lower capacity or sizes
Can you leave rice cooker unattended?
Yes, most of the rice cookers will do the cooking without frequent supervision and will go to keep warm status when the rice is cooked
Are induction rice cookers better?
In some ways they are, but they come with higher prices in purchase and power bills
How much water do you put in a rice cooker?
The water levers are indicated r explained in the user manual, but the best water volumes are those that are around double the volume of rice being cooked.
What is the smallest size rice cooker?
Different manufacturers have minimal sizes they make, look for the smallest size from the brand you want to buy for features will be different among the competing rice cooker makers
Can you use a rice cooker as a slow cooker?
For some foods yes, but other might be too expensive on power
Can I cook pasta in a rice cooker?
Yes, pasta cooking is very similar to rice cooking, both are starches that can be boiled without much complications
What else can you cook in a rice cooker?good results
You can prepare many dishes with the rice cooker such as vegetable, meats, other grains and many other foods. Just check on the versatility of the model before cooking the food you desire to ensure safety and accurate cooking.
How long does rice take in a rice cooker?
The lead time of rice cooking depends on factors such as the quantity, the type of rice and the setting you select
What is fuzzy logic rice cooker?
Fuzzy logic rice cookers are a bit advanced cookers from the former entry level once, they have microchips installed in them to fully automate the rice cooking. Once you insert you food in the pot and program it, complete the process unmonitored for it senses the changing conditions and make adjustment automatically.
How do you cook white rice in a rice cooker?
Add the rice to water in the pot and set the conditions you want and wait=easy and simple
What causes hard rice?
Hard rice results from incomplete cooking where maybe the water depletes before it is completely done. Simply we can say poor cooking
Can I boil water in rice cooker?
Yes you definitely boil water in rice cookers. When cooking rice or steaming the vegetables, it has to heat the water.
How long does it take to cook pasta in a rice cooker?
It takes a short time to cook pasta in the rice cooker depending on the quantity and it you had pre-boiled the water prior to adding the pasta
Can I cook in rice cooker?
Yes! That’s why it is called the rice cooker
Is cooking rice in a rice cooker healthy?
Yes, it is! First with the high temperatures brought about by the heating devices, most germs will be killed, and the rice cooker is made ina way that it conserves the nutritional content of the rice or any other food being prepared. No much nutritional lost is witnessed or toxins introduced to the food
Can I put an egg in a rice cooker?
Yes, you can put eggs in the rice cooker especially if you want it boiled. This can be done with the boiling water, or put in the cooking rice
Can you use a rice cooker as a deep fryer?
You can in some rice cookers for the are made to heat liquids, but much safety much be observes to prevent burns, spattering or spills which could be hazardous.
Do you need a rice cooker?
Of course yes if you can afford it, and if you love your rice neatly made
Which Zojirushi rice cooker is the best?
Just like any other product, the bet depends on your personal circumstances but you can opt for the premium ones that have many features
Are rice cookers safe?
For products to be commercially sold, they must pass safety tests. However, you need to follow the advice given on the user manual, and the requirements given for power use lest accidents will definitely happen.
Can you cook vegetables in a rice cooker?
Yes, you can cook vegetables in the rice cooker.
Can we boil water in electric rice cooker? Yes, the heat in the rice cooker will boil the water just like the way water heaters do, however always use one gadget for what it is made for!
- 5 Cup capacity makes up to 10 serves of cooked rice
- Simple one touch operation
- Keep warm function
- Non-stick removable cooking bowl for easy cleaning
- Easy-view glass lid to monitor cooking
- ★10 CUP CAPACITY - Lets you cook enough rice to share with friends or other guests.
- ★ AUTOMATIC KEEP WARM - Keep-warm system Keeps your food at an ideal temperature until you’re ready to serve.
- ★ INDICATOR LIGHTS - Show you at a glance if your food is cooking or warming.
- ★ REMOVABLE, NONSTICK INNER POT - Enables easy cleanup.
- ★ MADE IN JAPAN - All Tiger JNP series are assembled and made in Japan to ensure you will always get the highest quality made.