Top 10 Best Cordless Drills Australia
Searching for a perfect cordless drill that has all the features you need and also fit your personal need can be tough, why? Because there are plenty of options in designs and brands on the market you can choose from.
Buying a new cordless drill can be a tough job If you had used any drill in the past you will notice that today’s new drills power into a lightweight and compact dwelling, making the job faster and easier and effecting a perfect looking result like professional work.
Cordless drills are a must and very useful to have if you do a lot of DIY or if you have to do house improvements. They are best for regular development tasks like mounting shelves and assembling furniture. Many peoples buy drills for doing simple tasks such as driving screws into the wall to hold mirrors or pictures, setting up furniture, or tighten up loose screws in fencing and furniture. Others though depend on making a deck or creating a hole in metal or concrete.
Do you want a brushed motor or a brushless motor that will do fine? What about torque and speed settings? Do you want all those fancy whistles and sound bells? do you need a lightweight machine with high volt power? You will also want to examine the battery ergonomics and power output.
There is so much to select from, choosing could be puzzling for you, and that’s where we come in. So, that you can understand all and choose the best of the best.
We have reviewed and tested some of the most popular and best cordless drills available at amazon Australia. We have given these top drills available in Australia on the basis of runtime, speed, and power. let’s find you a new drill!
How to Chose the Best Cordless Drill to Buy?
Price is one of the first things you need to consider. It is possible to get a cordless drill for less than $100 or spend well over $500 for top-of-the-line model specialized accessories. In general, $250 is a good investment to find DIY drills.
2. Finding the right kit
Make sure that the price includes a battery and a charger unless you already have a battery for that system. Also, keep in mind how you are going to use your drill. You probably need two batteries if you want to do work that takes a long time to complete. You want two batteries so that if the charging of one battery goes down you don’t have to wait as no one likes to leave the work in the middle. But your budget will be a bit larger for drills with two batteries option.
3. Power and Performance
The next thing you need to consider is power and performance. Torque gives you an average of how much rotational force it is using.
Speed is given in RPM (revolutions per minute) and sums how fast what is the spin movement of the drill. The more the RPM is the more it can move fast. Just hanging pictures and putting together the occasional bookshelf, 300-inch pounds of torque is enough to get the job done.
Look for drills over 350-inch pounds for regular projects and maintenance around your house. Get at least 600-inch pounds if you are the kind of guy or gal that likes the idea of your own renovations.
If you find yourself working with hole saws and sell feed bits then you are going to want a premium professional drill. Those that hit a thousand inch-pounds or more.
Why Brushless Motors are Better than Brushed Motors?
In both brushless and brushed drills, both motors produce magnetic motion. Drills with a brushless motor also adjust their power, speed, torque, and power supply while a brushed will use the same power. Brushless motors are :
1. More Energy Efficient
as there are no brushes connecting against anything, no speed is lost due to friction. This means brushless is more powerful and can run longer as compared to brushed motors.
2. More Responsive
a drill with a brushless motor has a quick response because it can adjust its power, torque, and speed. the motor will sense if you are driving screws into a hard material and light material, and use the power according to the condition to do a job.
3. Lighter and Smaller
as compared to brush motors brushless are lighter. usually, they are 25% more compact as compared to brushed motors.
4. Longer Lasting
no friction and no rubbing against anything means less heat and less wear and tear. heat is the big cause of failing both batteries and motor. In our tests, we found that brushless motors are fifty percent cooler than brushed motors.
Normally brushless motor costs you more than brush motors.
Types of Drills
- Drill Drivers
First up we have got drill drivers which typically are smaller and lighter and don’t have a hammer action. They can both drive in screws and drill holes. These types are suitable for beginners and for those who don’t want to do tough drilling around like drilling on concrete. Drill drivers are also affordable and easy to use.
- Combi Drills
Combo drills do have a hammer action that harder surface areas like concrete drilling. But with a larger motor, greater torque, and hammer action the combi tends to be much heavier than its drilled driver counterparts.
These types can be used on both surfaces but they are expensive and heavier.
- Impact Drivers
Next up we have got impact drivers which also have a hammer or impact action.
Features and Accessories to Look for in a Cordless Drill
Many peoples think that higher volts mean higher torque and that is not true. In short look for a higher voltage drill if you want to do heavy-duty DIY tasks.
If you want to do light drilling work like making furniture, making a hole on the wall for hanging pictures, and other purposes then low voltage cordless drills are best for you. Normally low voltage drills range from 12V to 24V.
Look for a battery that gives you a longer charge time, takes less time to charge, and is durable. The capacity of drill batteries is measured in AH. always keep in mind that the more AH the battery has the more it will give you a charge time. The capacity of AH ranges from 1.5 to 4 ah.
Chuck is a hole in the drill where you fit drill bits and you can also fit other drill pieces of drill equipment like rotatory sanders and wire wheel brushes. Good cordless drills have a chuck size of ten to thirteen millimeters.
- Belt Clip
It’s good to have belt clips with drills as with belts there is no chance of falling down of the drill and you can also set both hands-free while keeping in mind that your drill is hanging with you all the time. You can also hang the drills on the wall with the use of belt clips.
- Led Light
The led light will help you to work in dark places. Permits you to work more precisely and comfortably.
- Automatic locking Chuck
The chuck automatically locks itself when speed control is released from the drill. But in manual mode, you have to switch slides to make sure that bits are safely attached to the chuck.
- Screwdriving Mode
A mode all drills use to screw effectively and slowly.
- Rotatory Drilling Mode
This mode is mostly used for boreholes.
- Hammer Action Mode
This mode usually comes in combination drills, hammer action mode is used to drill on hard action material. This mode is also known as impact drilling.
Top 7 Best Cordless Drills Picks in Australia
 Bosch Cordless Hammer Impact Drill (2 Batteries, 18 Volt System, 2.5 Ah)
This cordless combi drill from Bosch is highly powerful and comes with 2 different speed settings. This machine is perfect for any screw driving and drilling work. The drill has excellent balanced weight and gives you reliable performance. All of this gives this drill the best control and handling.
This type of drill is also known as multifunctional or combination drill. With a strong torque of 54Nm, this machine can drill 35mm into the wood and 13mm into metal.
What is amazing about this drill is it has two-speed settings, first for large bore drilling and second for drilling some metal.
Key Features of Bosch 18V LI-2
- The machine uses a Syneon chip to manage the gears, battery, and motor securing the best coordination for maximum longevity and efficiency. In simple words, the drill eats less power, easy to use, and will last longer.
- Manual chucks are tough and take a lot of time to lock. The bosch auto-lock keyless chuck provides an easy and tight grip and fixes in no time for secure and fast drill bit changes.
- This drill has twenty different torque settings for a higher power.
- Integrated work light allows you to work in poor weather
- Lithium-ion batteries are known for their good energy density and self-discharge rate, allowing them the best option for power tools. What’s more about the Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2 comes with 2 lithium-ion batteries. So, you wouldn’t need to worry about getting out of charge in the middle of the work.
- The battery just takes one hour to charge fully.
- The added carry case is the best way to securely and safely store and transport this multi-drill. As opposed to other low-built models the drill comes with a robust and well-made carry case.
Reasons to Buy
- Well designed and powerful. We examine that the model works very well even on hard surfaces materials.
- The controls are greatly intuitive and easy to use. The reverse and forward switch is linked with a hand reverse and forward indicator to the peak of the drill, so you know which direction you have set it.
- The drill comes with two batteries option, the batteries are easy and quick to change and charge up.
- It also has a drill mode for drilling into plastics and words and also a mode for drilling into harder materials for example steel and masonry.
- The drill comes with a carry case, a charger, and lithium-ion batteries.
- Bosch 18V Li-2 comes with a 2-year official warranty. So, you know you are not wasting your money.
- Soft grip and dual handle design.
- Syneon chip for endurance and maximum power.
Reasons to Avoid
- As compared to other combi drills available in the market, this drill costs you more.
- It is not good for harder surface concrete materials.
- The chuck is made of plastic material tough the plastic is solid but it would be better if it is made of steel.
About the Brand Bosch
Founded by Robert Bosch in 1886, Bosch is a famous multinational technology and engineering company. Headquarters located in Gerlingen. Bosch makes reliable and good performance power tools.
Bosch makes amazing power tools. The first tool being presented by Bosch is the hammer drill. Nowadays, Bosch is one the best manufacturer of power tools, oscillating and rotatory tools, and many other home appliances as well.
Bosch Cordless Hammer Impact Drill Customer Reviews
 Dewalt 20v Cordless Drill/Driver Kit, Compact
Dewalt 20v cordless drill is able to deliver great power and torque in spite of its compact size. It will drill easily masonry, metal, and wood. Its brushless built tough and designed to be used by professionals. Dewalt comes with a quick charger and two five AH power batteries.
This drill includes three modes: regular drill mode, hammer function for masonry, and driver mode with 14 different torque settings.
Two gears deliver a maximum torque of 17-newton meters in the first gear and a maximum speed of 2,000 rpm in the second gear. It can drill up to 13 millimeters in masonry, 30 millimeters in steel, and 40 millimeters in wood.
Key Features of Dewalt 20V Cordless Drill
- The all-metal single steel keyless chuck holds drill bits from 1.5 mills all the way up to 13 millimeters.
- The brush’s motor technology delivers more available power while not overheating allowing for longer usage.
- There are no sparking brushes meaning there is less dust ingress due to small events and fewer rubbing pots resulting in less wear and tear and a longer operational lifespan.
- Other notable features include the led light with two brightness settings which turn off after 20 seconds.
- An additional spotlight is also included which will stay on for up to 20 minutes illuminating your work area.
- The belt clip and magnetic bit holder add convenience.
- It weighs 1.2 kgs without the battery and it comes in a stackable case designed to withstand tough construction.
Reasons to Buy
- Easy to drill through metal, plastic, and wood because of its powerful and high-speed torque.
- Its light and small build let you do DIY, HVAC jobs. Furniture making and so much more.
- The compact design of this drill allows you to use it in tight spaces, overhead work areas, and narrow angles.
- It has two-speed settings for hard and normal surfaces. Hard surfaces like concrete and normal surfaces like wood.
- It is made of durable and high-quality plastic material.
Reasons to Avoid
- It doesn’t have a led light, so you have to buy separate led light to work in darker areas.
- Users find that this machine is not suitable for drilling small holes.
About the Brand Dewalt
Founded by Raymond E. Dewalt in 1923, Dewalt is a famous and worldwide manufacturer of hand and power tools for the woodworking, manufacturing, and construction industries. The headquarters is located in Lancaster.
Dewalt makes excellent, ergonomic, comfortable, and reliable power tools. You can totally trust Dewalt for the quality as most of their products are manufactured in America.
Dewalt makes thousands of products and hundreds of power tools with cordless and corded to select from. They have a variety of yard types of equipment, job site aids, toolboxes, stands, tools, and more.
Dewalt 20v Cordless Drill Customer Reviews
 Worx WX101L.4 20V Cordless Drill Driver
Worx drills may not be popular as Dewalt and Bosch when it comes to ultra power tools but they are quite perfect for DIY lovers. This drill is not suitable for building workers but perfect for those who want to do different DIY projects around their house.
Major considering functions are the led positioning and battery life, joined with the weight and size. The downside of this drill is its slow charging speed.
This Worx is a perfect choice for those looking for a versatile, lightweight, and ergonomic power drill. The machine is able to screw and drilling into metal, wood, and stone. Cordless tools are a blessing and the batteries of this drill are getting better and bigger than the previous version.
Key Features of Worx WX101L.4
- [2-SPEED GEARBOX] 0-400 or 0-1450 rpm gives you the flexibility & power to handle every common household or workshop drilling application
- [15+1 CLUTCH&3/8” CHUCK] 16 different positions with up to 265 in-lbs. of max torque, to find exactly the right amount of torque for each project; The most commonly sized chuck to handle the most popular bits. And it’s keyless, so you can quickly switch them in and out
- [30-PIECE ACCESSORY KIT] (6) Brad Point Drill Bits, (10) 1-inch Screwdriving Bits, (9) 2-inch Screwdriving Bits, (4) Nut Drivers, (1) Magnetic Bit Tip Holder
- [SLIM & LIGHTWEIGHT& LED HEADLIGHT] Compact by design, so you can get a firm grip and slip this drill into tighter places than other drills; Never drill in the dark! This long-lasting LED lamp illuminates any poorly-lit working area. And it doubles as a low battery indicator, so you’ll know when to grab a new battery
- [DO IT ALL WITH THE SAME BATTERY] Do it all with WORX Power Share, the only cordless tool platform that uses the same battery to power 20V, 40V, and 80V tools
Reasons to Buy
- Ergonomic design and lightweight.
- For a small size that contains lots of torque, easily handles wood, metal, and masonry.
- Excellent for professional DIY and home use.
- For dark areas drilling comes with built-in led.
- If you don’t like the product you can ask for a refund within 2 weeks and within 31 days of the claim, your money will be back to you.
Reasons to Avoid
- Doesn’t come with any bits, you have to purchase bits separately.
- As compared to other drills listed in this review the charge time is slow.
- No grip attachment for side handle.
About the Brand Worx
Founded by Don Gao in 1994, Worx is famous for house tools, garden and lawn equipment tools. Worx headquarter is located in charlotte, California.
The brand is largely known for good home tools, outdoor tools, and lawn tools. The brand is ideal for DIY tasks, repair jobs, and light use. Amazon reviews about Worx seem to quite good with 4.5-star ratings, people are satisfied with the level of durability and quality that their tools come with.
Worx 20V Cordless Drill Driver Customer Reviews
 Beyond by Black+ Decker 20V Max Cordless Drill
With black+decker LDX120 you can have a good value for money with this lightweight and compact yet powerful and robust drill. The 20V drill charges up very quickly and gives you a pretty good time.
This drill is handy for women and men similar to its tight and soft grip. The battery charges in about one to two hours and last for about 60 minutes. You are actually cracking up the deal for its affordable price.
The drill is best for screw drilling and driving through metal, plastic, and wood. It is lightweight and comes with a soft grip handle so you can use it all day long without getting tired.
The most amazing thing is that this drill from Black+Decker comes with complete accessories: a drill, lithium-ion battery, charger, screw driving bits, brad point bits, two in one screw driving bits, nut drivers, and magnetic bit tip holder.
Key features of Black+Decker 20V Cordless Drill
- The drill has an 11 positioned clutch which helps in the avoidance of overdriving stripping and screws.
- The lithium-ion battery is able of keeping the charge for 18 months.
- The package is inclusive of sixty-six hand tools and a carrying bag for effortless portability and easy storage.
- Keyless chuck ensures loosening and fastening with ease and also saves you a lot of time.
- Twenty volts deliver good power of drilling through wood, metal, and plastic.
- Availability of LED light for working in darker areas.
- Lightweight and compact weigh only four kg.
- Power up with a speed up to 750 RPM.
Reasons to Buy
- The drill carries tighter bit grips that are precise and accurate.
- Easy to fit in tighter spaces.
- As compared to other drills available at low price with good quality.
- Best for doing regular DIY projects, furniture assembling, and other household tasks.
- The drill feels durable and strong.
Reasons to Avoid
- Take three hours to charge fully.
- The Head built of the drill is not well made.
- Screwdrivers are made of plastic material.
- You cannot drill on hard surfaces like concrete. Just use it for mid and small-size tasks only.
- Battery drains fastly, in our test we found out that batteries cannot hold the charge for up to 18 months.
About the Brand Black+ Decker
Founded by Alonzo G. Decker in 1910, Black+Decker is famous is for its power tools as used by most amateurs and professionals.
In 1917 the company made an electric drill. They focused on the daily used tools like drills, screwdrivers, lawn cutting machines, sanders, screwdrivers and put a lot of power and battery life in their products to nail the market.
Beyond by Black+ Decker Drill Customer Reviews
 Milwaukee2801-21P M18 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Compact Brushless Cordless Drill/Kit
Everyone knows Milwaukee is one of the top-quality and durable tool makers. This 2801 cordless drill from Milwaukee is a great addition. The drill is made of high-quality plastic material and is power up with robust torque .for everyday use the drill comes with an extra battery so you can swap the battery without worrying or wait about for another battery. This Milwaukee m18 2801 cordless drill is much more compact and lightweight than the previous models of Milwaukee.
There is a grip on the handles which is soft and comfortable and feels like it’s specially made for your hand. This drill is the perfect choice for light commercial installations, home wood shops, and DIY projects. The drill is powerup with 1800 RPMs and a smooth trigger.
Key features of Milwaukee 2801
- Adjustable speed, you can choose according to the task you are doing.
- 500 torque power is good enough for most medium and light jobs.
- The body features an extra compact design which enables you to work in tighter and narrow spaces where almost all cordless drills get failed to reach.
- The drill also has a jacket chuck means you don’t need to use your left hand/off-hand on a subsidiary sleeve when installing bits. The chuck is also keyless means you can remove and install quickly without needing a key.
- It has a 400 RPMs speed in low mode and 1800 RPMs in high-speed mode.
- The motor is also frameless which means that there are no components between the chuck and the motor. This makes an adequate performance from the drill.
- The drill has a blend of plastic and metal making it both lightweight and durable so that it is easier to use.
- The drill features led light for working in darker areas.
- Redlink intelligence system which avoids stop tools from getting overload.
Reasons to Buy
- The gripper on the handles stops the drill from slipping down and provides extra holding with comfort.
- Long-lasting and good quality drill.
- Fast charging and great battery time.
- Long five years official warranty.
Reasons to Avoid
- Just two-speed settings.
- The case is made completely made of metal which is best for longevity but it also results in vibration and shock shift from the gears.
- The box doesn’t have belt clips or an extra socket.
About the Brand Milwaukee
Founded by steven Richman in 1921, Milwaukee is famous for its performance, quality, and reliability. Milwaukee produces cordless and corded power drills, power tools, screwdrivers, tool, and knife combo kits.
Milwaukee Compact Brushless Cordless Drill Customer Reviews
 Makita XDT16Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Drill
This is one of the best Cordless Drills in the market. Makita XDT16Z charges in just 30 minutes and has good battery life. The well-designed soft-grip feels soft and very good in your hand. Makita XDT16Z is also versatile, durable, and lightweight. The drilling package comes with a carrying case, charger, and extra battery. The cordless drill comes in our top list on the basis of its grip, weight, power, and handling. This machine comes with a robust built and great power. This drill is much powerful and faster than most of the cordless drills available.
The design is lightweight and compact, the machine only weighs around 3lbs. The drill is also power up with dust and water resistance technology which adds up to low maintenance.
- The drill also comes with twenty-one clutch settings so you can arrange the drill to meet your task.
- the drill comes with a dual led light function which you can use in the low light situation. That is minimal to sound off about this cordless drill.
- The lithium, ion battery delivers a great battery time of forty-seven minutes.
- The drill also comes with a battery meter to let you know how much charge percentage you have left.
- The torque power of this drill is 480 pounds which is more than enough for working around backyard and house drilling work.
- The drill can be used for a large number of applications as it comes with two transmission speeds one is zero to six hundred RPM and the other is zero to one thousand nine hundred RPM.
- The drill is created to be used in severe conditions as well as it comes with XPT or extreme protection technology that protects them from water and dust.
- The drill also comes with adjustment features, the adjustment features involve Bit, LED and speed control adjustment. All of these qualities and features enable the versatility of this cordless drilling machine.
- Four pole design for drilling on hard surfaces like concrete.
Reasons to Buy
- Best power and really handy to hold.
- A proper balance between size and power.
- Rubber handles for a firm and soft gripping.
- Three years warranty on the tools, charger, and battery.
- Gear housing and metal gears.
- The drill prevents over-discharge, overloading, and overheating.
- Delivers a strong amount of torque.
- Led lights are very useful and bright.
- The design and body size fits to be handy.
Reasons to Avoid
- Price is a little higher but the quality is also high we think it’s due to its strong power and durable design.
- No bit holders included.
- After some long use smoky smell.
- Lights and graphics on the charger are hard to learn and indistinct.
- Not a lot of power for high-volt tasks.
About the Brand Makita
Founded by Mosaburo Makita in 1958 as a motor repair and sales company. Now Makita is an innovation leader making the best and useful tools in more than forty countries.
For every application, Makita has a diverse range of cordless tools and has good feature cordless drills. You will see many of their products in workshops and construction areas all around the world. Go for Makita if you want your products to be stylish and powerful.
Makita Brushless Cordless Drill Customer Reviews
 Kobalt 24V Brushless Cordless Drill (Charger Included)
This is a cordless drill from Kobalt that has 2-speed settings and a twenty-four-volt battery. This drill is good for most low and high-end drill projects due to its powerful 24 volts battery. If you are working with outer surfaces like tougher metals and masonry then you are likely to demand something with better hammer and power action.
This cordless drill from Kobalt is weightless and easy to operate, weighs just four lbs.
The drill has a powerful torque of 650 lbs rotating the drill at two thousand RPM and twenty-four bolts at the most robust and affordable price.
The drill has 2-speed settings which means you can drill holes and screws into the hard stuff. Expect this to manage well with plasterboard and wood, but do not expect it to come through render and masonry.
The company doesn’t settle on quality and the best of all is it is affordable too. The package comes with a soft bag, auxiliary handle, bit holder, double-ended driver bit, belt clip, charger, and powerful Li-ion battery.
Key Features of Kobalt
- Powerful, brushless motor delivers 650 lbs of torque and gives long-term run time and life.
- Two-speed gearbox enables for driving and drilling at two constant speed ranges, zero to five hundred and fifty and zero to two thousand RPM.
- Keyless chuck allows you to install and remove bits quickly.
- The chuck is totally made of metal which is perfect for heavier applications.
- 2.0 ah-li-ion battery and twenty-four-volt max characters a built-in fuel gauge.
- Weightless four lbs design lower user fatigue over lengthy use or overhead.
- Led light allows you to work in darker areas.
- Auxiliary handles come in handy with the tool and can be easily used with right or left hand for comfort of work.
Reasons to Buy
- Three years warranty on the battery and a five-year warranty on the tool gives you real satisfaction that you are not wasting your time.
- More powerful and handy than earlier models.
- Good drilling controls.
- Rapid release collet for installing and removing bits easy and fast.
- It is lightweight, compact, and small permitting you to get in confined spaces.
- Comes with a hundred percent money-back guarantee, if you don’t like the product you can ask for a refund.
Reasons to Avoid
- Might be not easy for easy jobs because of the high torque and speed.
- Need more extra care and finesse when driving and drilling into silky wood, again this is due to the high torque and speed.
About the Brand Kobalt
In 1998 J.H. Williams and lowe launched Kobalt. Basically, lowes supply professionals and homeowners. Their products always got a good competition with Ryobi and have good quality. Their new cordless tools are incredible and give fifty percent more performance and their products are always affordable. The tools are easily available. With fantastic price Kobalt offers quality.
Tips: How to Drill a Hole
- Hidden cables and pipes
Make sure to check for hidden cables or pipes. The areas either and above below a socket or switch are no gas areas.
- Battery expense
Before going for a cordless kit check out how much you have to pay for a new battery. Sometimes a single battery can price more than the price of your drill, we recommend buying a kit with two battery options.
- Drill bits
Select the correct drill bit for the task: wood, metal, or masonry.
- Hammer drilling
Don’t choose the hammer mode if the drill bit is non-hammer and rotatory.
- Drilling hard materials
On hard surfaces like concrete drills get overheat avoid this by continually pulling out from the whole.
- Using a drill
Choose various speed modes for drilling wood, metal, and brick. Higher speed for wood and metal and lower speed for bricks.
- Cooling the drill
If your drill gets too hot during the hole-making task then you should take out the drill from the hole. After taking it out, run it at full speed with no load. This will drag air into the drill to cool off.